Ham & Potato Gratins
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. Butter (unsalted) (more for coating)
- 1 medium Vidalia Onion (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold Potatoes (peeled, sliced thin)
- 1-1/2 c. Glazed Ham (leftover, cubed)
- 1-1/4 c. Gruyere Cheese (grated)
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley (chopped, fresh)
- 1-1/2 Half-and-Half
Preheat oven to 325°. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper, and cook over low heat until onion is deep brown and translucent, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with potatoes, ham, cheese, parsley and remaining salt and pepper.
Lightly butter 8 1-cup ramekins, divide potato mixture among dishes and pour 3 Tbsp. half-and-half in each. Dot tops with remaining 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender, about 35 more minutes.