- 2 c. whole kernel Corn (frozen or fresh)
- 3 c. Hash Brown Potatoes (frozen, diced)
- 1 (14-1/2 oz.) can Tomatoes w/basil, garlic and
- oregano) (diced)
- 2 Chipotle Peppers (in adobo sauce) (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin (ground)
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano (dried, crushed)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts Halves (skinless, boneless)
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin (ground)
- 3/4 c. Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses (3 oz.)
Coat a 2-qt round casserole with nonstick spray; set aside. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook about 5 minutes or until corn begins to lightly brown. Add potatoes; cook and stir 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes begin to brown. Stir in tomatoes, chipotle peppers, 1/2 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin, and the oregano. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to the prepared casserole.
Wipe skillet clean. Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. cumin. Brown chicken in hot oil, turning once to brown both sides (about 3 minutes on each side). Place chicken on top of potato mixture in casserole.
Bake, uncovered, in a 375° oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese.