Doris Roberts Stuffed Meat Loaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- A couple of pinches of parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- A couple of pinches of dried basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can of whole peeled tomatoes with basil Bread crumbs
1. Mix first 6 ingredients, salt and pepper to taste, and mold in standard-size loaf pan.
2. Scoop out the center of the loaf.
3. In a separate bowl, mix cheese and basil, salt and pepper to taste, and fill in the hole with this mixture.
4. Replace scooped-out meat to make a hat covering the cheese mixture.
5. Top with tomatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
6. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and bake another 15 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings