Zucchini Coconut Layer Cake
- 1 pkg (18.25 oz) French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 container (16 oz) Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, preferably clear
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Coat 2 (8") round cake pans with cooking spray. On medium speed, beat together cake mix, eggs, 1 cup water and oil until blended and thickened. Stir in zucchini. Evenly divide between pans. Bake 28 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on racks 20 minutes. Transfer from pans to racks; cool completely, 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, on medium speed, beat butter until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add fluff; beat until combined. On low, gradually beat in sugar, then coconut and vanilla extracts.
Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining layer. Spread cake top and side with with remaining frosting. Press coconut onto side of cake. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.