Apple Almond Cheesecake
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds Toasted
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 - 7 oz. Packages Almond Paste Crumbled
- 3 – 250g Packages Cream Cheese
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Large Jonagold Apples (~2 1/2 lbs) Peeled, Cored, Cut Into 1/3” Thick Slices
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Crust: Butter 10” springform pan. Wrap bottom with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. Mix all ingredients to blend, crumbling almonds slightly. Press mixture onto bottom and 1” up sides of pan. Bake until set, about 7 minutes.
Filling: Combine almond paste, cream cheese, and sugar in processor. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs until just blended. Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and bake until center is set and top appears dry, about 45 minutes longer. Cool. Wrap in plastic and chill overnight.
Apples: Toss apple slices with lemon juice in bowl. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy skillet over high heat. Add apples and sauté until golden and tender, stirring frequently, about 9 minutes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to coat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Release pan sides. Arrange apples (warm or room temperature) in concentric circles atop cheesecake. Brush apples with any juices left in skillet. Cut in wedges and serve.