Layered Chopped Salad
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk garlic dressing
- 1 bag ( 16oz) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 can ( 15oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg ( 8 oz) shredded lettuce
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (10oz) shredded carrots
- 4 cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- 4 roma tomatos, quartered lenghtwise, seeded and diced
- 1 can (6 oz) fried onions
Prepare the garlic dressing.
IN a large glass bowl layer the green peas, chickpeas, shredded lettuce, red bell peppers, scallions, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. Pour the dressing over the top, set aside until the layers are soaked through, about 5 minutes before serving toss with the fried onions.