- 1 pound cooked corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 16 ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed, drained, and snipped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 cup bottled Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Rye crisp bread or rye crackers
- Pickle slices (optional)
Adapted from bhg.com
1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, salad dressing, cream cheese, horseradish, and caraway seeds.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir before serving.
3. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with rye crisp bread and, if desired, pickles.
Servings Per Recipe 20, Calories 157, Protein (gm) 7, Carbohydrate (gm) 3, Fat, total (gm) 13, Cholesterol (mg) 38, Saturated fat (gm) 5, Monosaturated fat (gm) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 3, Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 1, Vitamin A (IU) 194, Vitamin C (mg) 4, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Sodium (mg) 531, Potassium (mg) 102, Calcium (DV %) 101, Iron (DV %) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet