Grilled beef with basil puree over tuscan beans
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb sirloin cut into 4 portions
- 2 15.5 oz cans of white beans- rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes - halved
- 1 tablespoon red onion- finely chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. in a food processor, combine lemon juice, oil and 1 cup of basil leaves, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. puree until smooth.
2. Heat grill to medium- high and grill steaks to preferred temperature
3. in a medium bowl, combine white beans, tomatoes, red onions, remaining salt and remaining basil (torn). mix. add basil puree and mix until blended.
4. Serve over steak.
*tastes great with toast