Biscuit-topped Fiesta Supper
- Beef Mixture
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso® Salsa
- 1 (11-oz.) can Green Giant® Mexicorn® Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder1(12-oz) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large ovenproof skillet, brown ground beef and onion until thoroughly cooked. Drain. Stir in all remaining beef mixture ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
2 Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cornmeal, paprika and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well.
3 Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each in half crosswise. Arrange biscuits, cut side down, around outer edge of hot beef mixture. Brush biscuits with margarine; sprinkle with cornmeal mixture. Sprinkle cheese in center over beef mixture.
4 Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.