Shrimp and Black Bean Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz ea) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 oz ea) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained.
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz ) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1/2 t chili powder
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 pound uncooked or cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add broth, tomatoes and green chilies, corn, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 min.
Stir in shrimp; cook 5-6 min longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley.