Lime Italian Ice
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
Fill a large bowl with ice water. Place another bowl inside so it's surrounded on all sides by the ice water.
In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. When sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and add lime juice. Pour into bowl sitting in the ice bath to cool lime mixture, about 15 minutes.
Pour mixture into a 10 by 12 inch baking dish that's sitting on a sheet tray and put in the freezer.
After 1 1/2 hours, remove from freezer and scrape the ice with a fork, being sure to mix the softer center with the more frozen outer edges. Put back into the freezer for another 1 1/2 hours. Before serving, scrape again using the fork.
You'll also love
- Turkey Potpie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BBQ SALMON OR HALIBUT 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Goat Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple upsidedown cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pinapple sweet Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tart Lemon Ring Mold 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Candied Orange Peel 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sante Fe salad with chili-lime... 5/5 (1 Votes)