- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 TB grated parmesan cheese
- 2 TB chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix oil and garlic; spread on cut surfaces of bread. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
Mix cream cheese and parmesan cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Stir in olives.
Spread toasted bread halves with cream cheese mixture; top with tomatoes. Cut into 24 slices to serve. Sprinkle with basil.