Cheeseburger Skillet Pie w/ Tomato Salad
From REAL SIMPLE
- 4 T. evoo
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1.5 c. biscuit mix, plus required ingredients
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1.5 pounds assorted fresh tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 T. choped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
Heat oven to 400.
Heat 2 T evoo in medium oven proof skillet. Add onion and 1/2 t. salt and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 6-7 minutes. Add beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes (with juices) and cook until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
Prepare the biscuit mix according to the package directions. Drop 8 mounds of the dough onto the meatmix in the skillet and sprinkle with the cheddar. Bake until the biscuits are golden and cooked through, 18-22 minutes.
Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine tomatoes, shallot, parsley, vinegar and the remaining 2 T. oil, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper
Serve salad with cheeseburger pie