Low Carb White Chocolate Dipped Mini Hazelnut-Pumpkin Muffins
- 3/4 cup (84g) hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup (26g) golden flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) 'Swerve' or other sugar equivalent
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.5g) xanthan gum
- 1 tsp (2g) cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp (1g) nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp (1g) cloves, ground
- 1 tsp (2g) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp (28.75g) sour cream
- 2/3 cup (163g) mashed pumpkin
- 2 large (100g) whole eggs
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (56g) fresh whole butter, melted
- 5 oz (140g) sugar free white chocolate
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from djfoodie.com
Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
Blend together all your dry ingredients. Mix them well.
Combine all your wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix in your warm melted butter, slowly, so as not to accidentally cook the eggs.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, until combined.
Evenly distribute in 24 greased mini-muffin cups. Fill the cups about 80% of the way.
Bake for about 45 minutes, or until they are golden brown around the edges. They can take a good amount of time in the oven.
Remove and let cool ... completely.
Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, being careful not to get any water or steam in the melting chocolate.
Dip each muffin, top first, in the chocolate. Set aside and let harden. Feel free to dust with cinnamon, hazelnuts, squirts of sugar free milk chocolate, etc.