Seared Rosemary Beef Tenderloin
- 12 oz uncooked lean and trimmed beef tenderloin, (4 steaks about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) table wine, Madeira
- 14 oz canned beef broth, reduced sodium
- 1 Tbsp light butter
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Transfer beef to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium-low; add rosemary, shallot and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until reduced to 1⁄3 cup. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 2 tablespoons sauce).