Shrimp Sauteed with Fresh Tomatoes, Wine, and Basil
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1-1/4 lb large shrimp
- 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped seeded peeled tomato
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked vermicelli (~ 6 oz uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Combine water and 1/2 cup salt in large bowl, stirring until salt dissolves. Pour salt mixture into a large ziptop plastic bag. Add ice and shrimp; seal. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from bag; discard brine. Peel shrimp.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute 15 seconds. Add shrimp, and saute 1 minute. Add wine, cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add tomato, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp is done. Remove from heat; serve over pasta. Sprinkle with basil.