Stir-Fried Rice with Asian Vegetables and Beef
- 1 8oz 3/4" thick sirloin or top round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 bag (14oz) frozen stir-fry or Asian vegetable mix
- 1 pouch (10oz) frozen brown rice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
Preparation time 27mins
Cooking time 54mins
Toss steak with 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil. Place steak in single layer and cook without stirring until brown, about 1 minute. Cook another minute, stirring once or twice, until all pink is gone. With slotted spoon or tongs, transfer meat to dish and set aside.
Add vegetables to skillet's juices and stir-fry over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Cook rice per package directions.
Add ginger and garlic to skillet and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add steak, rice, scallions, peanuts, and remaining Tbsp of soy sauce. Stir-fry until heated through.