Curried Cashew, Pear and Grape Salad
Very Tasty! A family favourite.
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1/2 medium Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
In a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast cashews until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove cashews to a dish to cool slightly.
2. Return skillet to medium-high heat, cook bacon strips until crisp on both sides, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and soak up grease with a paper towel. Coarsely chop bacon, and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together butter, rosemary, curry powder, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, and toasted cashews. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, stir together white wine vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a large salad bowl, toss dressing with greens, pear slices, grapes, and bacon, and sprinkle with nut mixture.