- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 6 oz. VELVEETA, cut into 8 slices
- 2 cups oil
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
BROWN meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add onions, garlic, oregano and pepper; cook until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
SPOON 1/4 cup meat mixture onto center of each tortilla; top with VELVEETA. Fold in all sides of tortillas to completely enclose filling; secure with wooden toothpicks. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
HEAT oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add chimichangas, 2 at a time; cook 5 min. or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Remove and discard toothpicks. Serve chimichangas topped with sour cream and cilantro.