Crab Cakes with Herb Salad
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Crab cakes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound blue crabmeat or Dungeness crabmeat
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs),* divided
- 2 tablespoons (or more) butter
- 2 tablespoons (or more) grapeseed oil
- 2 5-ounce containers herb salad mix
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Fresh tarragon sprigs
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
Whisk oil, lemon juice, dill, tarragon, cilantro, green onion, and mustard in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Do ahead Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
For crab cakes:
Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Whisk first 10 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in crabmeat and 1 cup panko, breaking up crabmeat slightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Place remaining panko on rimmed baking sheet, spreading slightly. Form crab mixture into sixteen 2-inch-diameter patties, using about scant 1/4 cup for each. Press both sides of patties into panko. Transfer patties to waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes to skillets and cook until golden on both sides, adding more butter and oil as needed, about 5 minutes total.
Place salad mix in very large bowl. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette; toss. Arrange crab cakes on platter. Garnish with herb sprigs, drizzle with some of remaining vinaigrette, and serve with salad.