'Honey' Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons grated shallot
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Warm 1 1/2 Tbs of the olive oil in a small sauté pan. Add the shallots and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until slightly browned.
Whisk together the marmalade, shallot, the Dijon mustard and vinegar, in a small bowl. Add the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream, while whisking, and then season the dressing with salt and pepper, to taste.