Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) container low fat or fat free chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Prepare rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
2. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl, and set aside. Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
3. Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.