If you love cornbread dressing, you will love this recipe. Quick and easy to make, it will be a family favorite any time of year.
- 1 cup shredded turkey or chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 9 x13 pan cooked cornbread
- 4 or more tablespoons dried sage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 to 4 cups broth
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
In large bowl, crumble cornbread and add all other ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Taste and add salt, pepper and more sage if desired. I like lots of sage.
Cook in 350°F oven for about 1 hour.
- I don't use a lot of shredded chicken or turkey in my dressing if any at all. I have made this and used 1 can of chunk chicken breast instead and was delicious
- This is the very best when served with a couple tablespoons of turkey or chicken gravy on top.
- You can make a simple pan of cornbread ahead of time to use. Just use corn meal, a little flour and water mixed to make like a cake mix batter thickness and bake at 400°F until well browned. Everything else is added during making the dressing.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Fruit Cocktail 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Spinach Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Steakhouse Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Catfish Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Fried Corn 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sicilian Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlicky Black-Pepper Shrimp &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paula's Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie 4.6/5 (35 Votes)