Green Chile Enchiladas
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar Ninfa’s green salsa
- 1 container 2% greek yogurt
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 oz Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour salsa into a large bowl and slowly add greek yogurt until it has a creamy texture. In another large bowl, combine shredded chicken, garlic, ½ cup salsa mixture, salt and pepper.
3. Stack tortillas flat and wrap in damp paper towels, microwave on high for 1 minute to soften. One at a time, cover tortillas in remaining sauce and fill with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.
4. Roll up and arrange seam-side down. Top with remaining salsa mixture. Then top enchiladas with cheese.
5. Bake until cheese is browned and salsa is bubbling, about 40-45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with cilantro (optional).