Chicken Breast Sauté Puttanesca-Style
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 3 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 10 medium olive(s), black, sliced
- 1 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained, chopped
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
Preparation time 18mins
Cooking time 33mins
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Slip the chicken into the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking just until the chicken is cooked through, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of one chicken breast registers 165°F, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Melt the butter in the same skillet and add the garlic and red pepper flakes; stir over the heat for 30 seconds.
Stir in the olives and capers; pour in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly until just slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet; cook until just warmed through, about 2 minutes. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving