Broccolini with Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette
Croccolini is actually a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale.
- 2 bunches croccolini (1 lb)
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook broccolini in salted water til crisp-tender, about 3 minds. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water. Drain and dry well. Halve broccolini if desired.
Finely chop 2 tbsp sesame seeds and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes in a spice grinder (or with a knife). Transfer to a bowl and stir in both oils, vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over broccolini; toss to coat. Transfer to a platter; sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sesame seeds and more red pepper flakes if desired.