Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Bites
Don't feel guilty about indulging in these bite-size brownies because the applesauce keeps them moist without the added fat. The chocolaty taste is accented with a hint of raspberry. They freeze well and are great for take-along snacks or for a dessert tray.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 oz (56 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
- 24 walnut halves
In glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave, stirring once, until melted and smooth, about one minute. Stir in applesauce, jam and sugar until well blended.
Lightly beat egg with egg white and vanilla. Stir into chocolate mixture.
Gently stir in flour and walnuts.
Use light cooking spray to grease mini muffin pan. Spoon batter into pan filling to top. Top each brownie with one walnut half.
Bake in 350º F (180º C) oven until tester comes out clean, about 10 - 12 minutes.
Let cool in pan five minutes; transfer to rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes 24 pieces
You'll also love
- Green Tomato Chow-Chow 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Seafood Newburg 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- NaNa Wanda’s Chili with Corn... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hill Country Peach Cobbler 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Kielbasa & Sauerkraut & Apples ... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Raspberry Chiffon Pie 4.6/5 (14 Votes)