Four Chip Fudge
- 1 1/2 tsp. plus 3/4 cut butter, (NO substitutes), divided
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 TB milk
- 1 pkg. (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg. (11 1/2 oz) milk chocolate chips
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow crème
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Line a 9x13 pan with foil and grease the foil with ½ tsp. of butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter over low heat. Add the next five ingredients. Cook and stir constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the butterscotch chips, marshmallow crème and extracts until well blended. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set. Lift out of pan and remove foil; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield about 4½ pounds.
NOTE: Test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212 degrees. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.