Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 6-9 ounces boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 medium green onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coranstarch
- 3/4 cup pineapple, cut into 1inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Nonfat cooking spray
Cut chicken into strips or 1 inch pieces
Coat skillet or wok with nonfat cooking spray.
Add onion and green pepper; stir-fry over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Remove and set aside.
Coat skillet or wok, again, with nonfat cooking spray. Add chicken pieces and stir-fry over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
Mix vinegar, cornstarch, chicken broth, brown sugar, and ketchup together.
Add sauce to skillet, or wok, with chicken. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
Return onion and green pepper to skillet. Stir in pineapple chunks.
Cover and cook 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Stir in tomato just before serving.