Pomelos are a citrus fruit very similar to grapefruit so anyone who shouldn't eat grapefruit shouldn't eat this salad either
- 1 pomelo, peeled and segmented (use a pink grapefruit if you can't find a pomelo
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 tbls fish sauce (3 crab brand if you can find it)
- 2 tbls palm juice
- 1 lime, the zest and the juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 piece finger red chili, stemmed and minced
- 1/4 c. chopped, dry roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
Adapted from nosheteria.com
Make the dressing:
Combine fish sauce, sugar and lime juice in a bowl, whisk until the sugar is dissolved
Prepare the pomelo by peeling and separating into segments, you can leave the membranes on if you want. Break into small chunks and put into mixing bowl. Peel and cut the mango into small strips and mix with the pomelo. set aside.
Pour some, but not all, of the dressing onto the pomelo/mango mixture. Toss to coat.
Add the red onions, chopped chilies and toss with the rest of the dressing, mixing thoroughly.
Serve garnished with the cashews and cilantro