Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- ground white pepper, to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in the milk and Parmesan cheese, mixing until smooth. Add in the garlic, basil, and white pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the garlic. Stir in the cooked mushrooms before serving.