Cream Cheese Filled Pancakes (Crepes)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Pancakes (see recipe below)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries or blackberries, and/or sliced strawberries
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
Add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in the powdered sugar.
To serve, spoon 2 tbsp of filling onto each thin pancake, roll up. Place 2 of the stuff pancakes on each plate. Garnish with powdered sugar and berries.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat the mixture with a rotary beater or an electric mixer until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet over medium heat. Spoon 3 tbsp batter into the skillet. Lift and tilt the skillet to spread the batter evenly. Return the skillet to heat and brown on one side only. Makes 12 thin pancakes.