- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup lowfat whipped cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
1.Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the egg noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, mix together the eggs with white sugar until thoroughly combined, then stir in the melted butter, whipped cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Lightly mix in the noodles; spoon the kugel into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the top has browned, about 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.