- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1/2 cup for rolling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Fresh raspberries
1. Whisk flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl
2. Add butter and eggs and stir until combined
3. Cover and refrigerate the dough until firm, half hour to an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment. Place confectioners and rest of granulated sugar in separate flat containers. (plates work well)
5. Take generous tablespoonfuls into your hand and much it around till its smooth, soft and pliant. Then roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the granulated sugar first, then in the confectioners sugar. Place one inch apart of baking sheet. Make a deep dent in the center of each ball with your finger. (The sides are gonna crack on some, no biggie tho). Roll one raspberry in granulated sugar then place in the dent. Bake about 10 to 15 minutes in oven. Sides of cookies should feel slightly firm to the touch but still give a little. Remove from oven and cool. YUM! Can also use. Mini m & m's or Reeses Pieces in the middle instead or sprinkles, or sugar crystals or a small amount of strawberry jelly. The kids LOVE the help with these!!!