Coleslaw from Honey Baked Ham
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) container pina colada yogurt (Yoplait Original)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or 2 tbsp sour cream with 2 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 6 cups julienned cored green cabbage
- 1/3 cup thinly pared carrot
- 1 (4 ounce) container drained pineapple tidbits (Dole)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons slivered almonds (Diamond)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh sweet onion
MEASURE the following DRESSING ingredients into a large bowl: 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, one (6 ounce ) container Yoplait Original Pina Colada yogurt, 1/4 cup buttermilk (or 2 tbsp sour cream with 2 tbsp water), 1/4 cup Miracle Whip, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1 pinch ground cinnamon; WHISK the DRESSING mixture until smooth and creamy.
PREP the SALAD ingredients (cut julienned cabbage to approximately 1 inch long, pare carrots using a vegetable peeler and then chop those strips to 1/2 inch, finely mince 1-2 tablespoons fresh sweet onion; ADD the SALAD ingredients into the bowl with DRESSING: 6 cups finely chopped cored green cabbage, 1/3 cup thinly pared carrots, one (4 oz. snack cup) drained Dole pineapple tidbits, 1 1/2 tablespoons Diamond slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh sweet onion; COMBINE all ingredients together gently but thoroughly.
COVER and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
FOLd coleslaw mixture together to refresh consistency just before serving; RE-SEASON with a pinch of salt to taste, if needed.