Jeweled Gelatin Torte
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry
- 3 cups boiling water, divided 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar 36 ladyfingers
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed Citrus slices and fresh mint, optional
In a small bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Repeat with lime and orange gelatin, using two more loaf pans. Re¬frigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours.
In a small saucepan, bring pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in lemon gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in remaining cold water. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, line the sides and bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
Cut cherry, lime and orange gelatin into 1/2-in. cubes. Pour lemon gelatin mixture into a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Gently fold in gelatin cubes. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate un¬til set. Garnish with citrus and mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings .