Orange Cream Cheesecake
- teaspoon grated orange peel 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted FILLING:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed TOPPING:
- 2 cups whipped topping 1/4 cup sugar
- Lemon slices, orange peel strips, kumquats and lemon balm for garnish, optional
Combine the cracker crumbs, cinnamon, orange peel and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 1O-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare gelatin according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Chill remaining gelatin un¬til slightly thickened, about 80 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in milk and lemon juice. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes longer. Gradually beat in orange juice concentrate, vanilla and room-tempera-ture gelatin. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over prepared crust.
In a mixing bowl, beat whipped top-ping and sugar. Beat in refrigerated gelatin (mixture will be thin). Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over filling (pan will be full). Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish if desired. Yield: 10- 12 servings