Flourless Orange Cake
- 2 Whole Navel Oranges with unmarked skin
- 5 Eggs
- 8 oz Sugar
- 8 oz Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBSP Icing Sugar (to decorate)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1) Place Oranges in a sauce pan and cover with water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes with lid on.
2) Drain and cool, keep some of the liquid.
3) Place cooled Oranges into a blender and puree, add a little of the liquid if needed.
4) Beat Eggs with Sugar until thick.
5) Add Orange puree, Ground Almonds and Baking Powder.
6) Pour into 9" greased tin lined with baking paper.
7) Bake at 390 degrees for 1 hour.