- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/3 cups (2-1/3 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups white chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 9 x 9 x 2-inch square baking pans with foil, extending over two sides.
Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. On low, beat in flour mixture. Stir in 2 cups walnuts and 1 cup chips. Divide batter into pans. Divide remaining nuts in half; sprinkle over each pan.
Bake in 350 degrees F oven 40 minutes, until toothpick tests clean. Remove pans from oven. Sprinkle tops with remaining chips; lightly press down chips with spatula to melt slightly. Cool in pan on rack. Cut in squares.