- Meat Sauce:
- 4-5 medium Zucchini cut into 1/8 inch slices - par boil about 5 minutes
- 16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 or 2 Cloves Garlic (pressed)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 - 1 lbs Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 16 oz can Diced tomatoes
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 Tsp Ground Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Basil Leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
1) Heat Butter over medium heat and add Garlic and Onion.
2) Cook until Onion is limp.
3) Add Mushrooms and Ground Beef and cook stirring for 5-10 minutes.
4) Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer gently for 25-30 minutes or until thick.
1) Arrange half the Zucchini in a greased, shallow 3 quart casserole dish/pan.
2)Evenly top with half the Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Meat Sauce.
3) Layer the rest of the Zucchini on top.
4) Evenly top with remaining Ricotta and Meat Sauce.
5) Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until Zucchini is tender.
6) Put the remaining Mozzarella on top for the last 15 minutes.
7) Serve with Grated Parmesan Cheese on the side.