Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 (about 3 pounds total) whole chicken legs
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) (up to 2) Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup(s) jasmine rice
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounce(s) green beans, stem ends removed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
1.In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in two batches, cook chicken until browned, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate (chicken will cook more in step 2).
2.To pot, add coconut milk, broth, 1/2 cup water, and curry paste; bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Add chicken (with any juices), arranging pieces in a single layer. Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until rice is almost tender, 15 minutes.
3.Scatter bell peppers and green beans on top of chicken mixture; cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges on the side