White Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped pistachios (or other toasted nuts)
- 3/4 cup candied cherries (Candied cherries are significantly drier than Maraschino Cherries. If using maraschino cherries for the candied cherries, drain them, chop and let sit overnight to dry.)
In a heavy 2 1/2 to 3 quarts saucepot, bring sugar, margarine, and sour cream to full boil over a medium flame, stirring constantly.
Continue to boil for 7 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234*F (100*C.), stirring constantly.
Remove from stove and stir in white chocolate until melted.
Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
Pour in a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan.
Cool for several hours or overnight; cut into squares.
Makes about 2 1/2 pounds candy.