Creamy Green Bean & Tomato Casserole
The traditional green bean casserole is made even better. We’ve updated it by adding vibrant red grape tomatoes, a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce, and a crisp bread crumb topping.
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces and cooked (4 cups)
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mccormick.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of the butter, melted, in small bowl. Set aside.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, garlic salt, thyme and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add cooked green beans and tomatoes; toss gently to coat.
Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
Bake 25 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Tomato Alfredo Linguine Skillet 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Lobster and Corn Salad With... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Tomato tea home remedy for a... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Mocha Coffee 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Sausages, Potatoes &... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Lumpiang Ubod (Fresh Spring Rolls) 4.1/5 (14 Votes)