Curry - Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 oz) can vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup light coconut milk
Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and carrot, cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder and next 4 ingredients, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Place onion mixture in slow cooker. Stir in chickpeas and next 8 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Add spinach and coconut milk. Stir until spinach wilts.
Serve over rice