Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups Crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 TBSP sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- 2 3 oz packages strawberry gelatin desert mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 10 oz packages frozen strawberries
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple
- Whipped topping or whipped cream to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter and 3 tbsps of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping, and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pineapple, and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.