Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 reserved bean water or water
- 6 Tbs tahini
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1-15.5 oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
Adapted from cakeandallie.com
In a blender or food processor combine cilantro, peppers and garlic. Pulse until combined and finely chopped. In a ramekin stir together lemon juice and water (or bean water). In a separate ramekin stir together tahini and olive oil. Set both aside.
To the cilantro, jalapenos and garlic, add chick peas and lemon/water mix. Puree and scrape sides as needed. Add salt, cumin and cayenne and slowly pour in tahini/oil mixture. Puree again and scrap down sides until well combined.
Spoon hummus into a serving bowl and cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and keep in fridge. As I said, it’s best the day after, so let it chill overnight if possible.