- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and toss to coat.
Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6-8 servings