Ginataang Bilo-Bilo II
- For the Bilo-Bilo:
- 1 1/2 cups sweet glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups water
- For the Ginataan:
- 3 13.5-oz cans of coconut milk (gata)
- 2.5 cups of water (or simply, use 1 1/2 coconut milk cans)
- 8 oz small pearl tapioca
- 3 Saba bananas, sliced (if you can’t find Saba bananas, substitute 2 very ripe plantains or 3 medium standard bananas)
- 1 20-oz can of langka (jackfruit), sliced
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
Form the Bilo-Bilo by combining the rice flour and water in a small bowl until you have a smooth dough. Form into balls no larger than 1/2 inch in diameter. Set aside.
In a large pot over medium heat, bring the coconut milk and water to a bubbling simmer.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the tapioca, stirring frequently. Drain and set aside.
Add bananas and langka to the simmering coconut milk. Add sugar and sweeten to taste. When the bananas are fork tender, add the tapioca, as well as the bilo-bilo one at a time to prevent sticking. You will know the bilo-bilo is cooked when they float to the top and are chewy to taste.
Serve warm and enjoy!