Butternut Squash with Garlic, Ginger, and Lime
- 1 tb Unsalted butter; or olive
- 1 Butternut squash; peel seed
- 1 Spanish onion; coarsely
- 5 c Chicken stock
- 4 Cloves garlic; pressed or chopped
- 1 pn Sugar
- 1/4 c Fresh lime juice
- 1 tb Peeled; coarsely chopped
- 20 Lime slices
- Fresh ginger
1 butternut squash weighs about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds, and will yield about 5 cups cubed pulp.
1. Melt butter over low heat in a heavy-bottomed soup pot. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add butternut squash, chicken stock, and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until squash is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Remove solids and place in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, gradually adding remaining broth and lime juice.
4. Float slices of fresh lime on each serving.
You'll also love
- Soy and Cola Braised Pork Shoulder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Breast Brandied Cherry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Branch Ranch Baked Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ramekin Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Honey Orange Tilapia 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Melting Pots Creamy garlic and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI PUREE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Citrus Conserve 0/5 (0 Votes)