Buche de Noel
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp instant powder coffee
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line jelly roll pan with parchment or wax paper, grease paper
2.Beat eggs in small bowlon high speed until thick and lemon colored about 5 minutes. Pour eggs into a large bowl, gradually beat in 1 cup sugar, beat in water and vanillaat low speed.
3. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating until batter is smooth
4. Pour into pan, spreading batter to corners.
5. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes clean 12-15 minutes
6.Loosen cake from edges of pan, immediately invert on towel sprinkled generously with powdered sugar. Remove parchment paper. While hot, roll cakein towel from narrow end. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes.
7. Prepare filling- Beat heavy cream with 2 tbsp sugar and instant coffee in chill bowl till stiff. Unroll cake, spread whipped cream over cake, Roll up cake and frost with cocoa Frosting
8. Cocoa Frosting- 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/3 cup butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1-2 tbsp water.
Blend cocoa and butter till smooth, add powdered sugar . beat in vanilla and water till smooth and of spreading consistency. Frost Cake and refrigerate